Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Extra Pounds Makes Meg Unhealthy and Unhappy

"Before Meg" can be best described by Smokey Robinson: 

"People say I'm the life of the party
'Cause I tell a joke or two
Although I might be laughing loud and hearty
Deep inside I'm blue
So take a good look at my face
You'll see my smile looks out of place
If you look closer, it's easy to trace
The tracks of my tears"
One of the things I've noticed about how I feel even just 20 pounds lighter is that I'm already feeling much happier, healthier, and I want to be more social. That isn't even because I feel like I look that great, because when you have as many extra pounds you cart around as I do, it takes a very significant amount to notice it, outwardly. Nope, it's the fact that my body is finally getting the best daily intake of good nutrition and healthy amounts of physical activity that it's thanking me, I'd say. Thanking me by shedding pounds, and also, my emotional status has made a huge change, as well.

While before I felt numb and unknowingly turned to high-calorie foods out of boredom or for comfort, now I feel like my relationship with oh-so-tasty treats has changed. For one, I'm less likely to push my plate away with a "WTF" face than before. For instance, I was never a fan of onions, mushrooms, bell peppers or other veggies, now I just eat them until I develop the taste for them.

Another aspect the I enjoy about the weight loss process is that I feel happy and full with much smaller portions. Sure, it was hard to get started, but once you give up on the idea that gimmicks will help you lose weight, it's easier. "Eating clean" does not mean eating a low calorie meal, like a little Lean Cuisine, or a 100 calorie pack of Oreos. I feel like the biggest help is the Harvard Healthy Eating Plate image. It's so intuitive and easy to follow! I, for one, hate counting calories, so I'd recommend following this.


Eat tasty, healthy food, and losing weight won't feel like a chore. Throw your microwave out the window and don't eat any frozen foods that come in boxes, and your body will thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment