Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Occasional Self-Sabotage

So far I have the inkling that this blog makes it seem like I'm invincible at weight loss, which isn't true! It's a constant effort I have to put forth every day to not say "screw it" and grab a taco drizzling with chocolate-coated bacon and a side of pork rinds. OK not quite, but there it is.

CHOCOLATE BACON?!?!?!
Yesterday I caved and got a salad from Fresh & Easy (take out grocery store in California, reminiscent of the ready-made foodstuffs from Trader Joe's). Like most chubb0rs, I rationalize that it's AOK because, hey, LETTUCE! Well, not so much. Loads of fat and calories are included in that oh-so tasty dressing. Plus, often there's cheese and bacon and eggs and other such BS, and by the time you're through, you may as well have had a triple decker bacon cheeseburger on Passover, that's how many sins you've committed.

Oh well. The scale is upset with me, as well as for having a couple vodka sodas the other day, but it feels cathartic to admit to it, at least.

BACK ON THE WAGON.

No comments:

Post a Comment