Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Food Tracking: A Must for Weight Loss

Weight loss progresses, albeit slowly at the moment. I don't want to give up now that I've been in a week-long plateau, however, because if I quit now I'll likely gain all the lost weight back, and then some. Eff that.



I've found that tracking food, not necessarily obsessing over calories, is important. For this, I'm a big My Fitness Pal fan. I tend to lose sight of the importance of what goes in my pie hole, and this helps keep me accountable. Today I magically landed under my calorie goal (which, by the way, is 1200, but with exercise, it's higher because I get to eat back the burned calories), but over on fat, protein, sugar and fiber. Not that I care so much about going over protein and fiber, but it troubles me when I go over sugar or fat, and especially over carbs. I don't know. I try not to go bizzerk over numbers, so long as I'm eating healthy food. And sometimes I ballpark calories because I'm unsure how many are in a particular homemade cuisine, but I'd say it's close enough.

Wow this entry is boring, who likes to hear about chubby chicks counting calories? Enjoy my food journal entry that I posted for today. Obviously I'm eating a crapload of protein with eggs, lean meats, nuts and protein shakes. Probably need to cool it a bit with my protein craze, right? Feel free to chime in on my food diary. I'll likely post more of those on here in the future for my readers' input! Thanks in advance.

3 comments:

  1. Progress is being made daily in the lifestyle change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a real pain to have to enter the code number before a comment can be published.

    ReplyDelete